Sign in to follow this  
Paul Dolan

printing to epson 1520 slow

I try printing from 8.5.1 on PC to an epson 1520 a3 inkjet printer. It is exceptionally slow. Has anybody gotten around this problem of slow printing.

I am considering buying a new printer with memory but is this wise?

Any advice appreciated

I also have the Epson 1520 printer. It is possible that you need to change some settings in the printer control panel and the "Epson Print manager" control panel to get the spooling to work efficiently. There are quite a few settings that affect each other. Read Epson's "Troubleshooting Tip #0248" and "Troubleshooting FAQs" closely.

I found this information on Epson's web site in the printer support area. I think that if it is less than 2 years since you purchased your printer their phone line is free, too.

Unfortunately for me, I have still not been able to correct an erratic "out of paper error" that I get when printing to the 1520 from any programs. Other than that, I love the printer.

------------------

Once I got over trying to use roll paper and settled in on A2 size pre-cut sheets - I am completely satisfied with my 1520. A2 sheets provide me the printers maximum 13.85" x 22" printable area with minimal trimming.

450mh G3, 256mb RAM, VW 8.5.1

I use 1520 for last two years. Good size print, full colour on 17x22" my printer prints in 1440 for about 3-5minutes, in 720 goes 1-2minutes. what is slow for you?