Room Finish Schedule

I have space objects, and now I'm assigning finishes to them.

1.) I was able to delete the zillions of default floor finishes, and the base finishes, and replace them with the several to actually be used in the project. But now I can't delete wall or ceiling finishes without getting an error message. Whatever. I gave all their Keys a "Z" prefix so they're at least at the bottom of the list and out of my way.

2.) After doing several rooms, I've now discovered that if I change one of the finishes, for example "GWB - Gypsum Wallboard" to "PLSTR - Plaster" it only changes for the space selected, not all of them. So am I to take it that the listed finishes only function as defaults when assigning finishes to a space, and that they are not an updatable database?...

I guess I could use Info Editor to change them, but that seems to involve slogging through hundreds of unused columns and also having to change both Keys and their related Finishes...

Another PIO to abandon?? (Along with stairs, doors and windows - all of which seem 95% excellent, but it's that last 5% that seems to render them only 5% useful..)

Sorry, but this after spending yesterday trying to successfully cut sections...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Will