combine/cut out 3D polygons

There are 2 possibilities:

1) The 3dPoly was extruded from a 2dpoly .. hence can edit via >enter>Group and using the 2d editing Tools like add & clip surface.

2) 3dPoly was created using the 3dPoly Tool and must then be edited using the

various 3dEditing Tools like combine, project, subtract surface.

If surface ( not 3d vertexial ) editing of the poly will be required I usually extrude the thing first for ease of editing and wait until the final version to convert it to 3dPoly or NURBS surface.

How can you combine or cut out 3D polygons?

I can't see to find it.

You don't. 3D-polygons with more than 3 vertices are not necessarily planar and therefore are "non-determined". The intersection "line" of two generic 3D-polygons is, I think, almost impossible to determine unambiguously (if at all - how do you define the path of points at the intersection of two non-determined surfaces!)

By and large, avoid 3D polygons altogether. Having said that, I use them quite a lot in my parametric objects, where I can be certain that they are planar.

EDIT

Not one my finest moments. I know what this is about. I am essentially a mathematically-oriented person. I just don't know enough to communicate the concept, because mathematics never interested me.

Edited by Petri