Label Legend Manager 12.5

I recently upgraded to 12.5, and I have experienced trouble creating Label Legends. Importing Legends from earlier files has been unsuccessful (they appear as options to use in the manager, but don't register in the drawing or as an option under "assign label legend"). Creating new legends doesn't give the option of either hexagon or circle containers, which I prefer for the USITT standards.

Any help is appreciated.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you import the label legends they are just imported into the document, you must move them into the label legends folder.

(12.5 label legend manager was improved to find all the label legends in the document, assign label legend still only looks to the Label Legends Folder.

The label legend manager will create containers if there is no Containers folder present. Your document probably has a containers folder, but no hexagon or circle symbol in the folder. FYI: Any symbol you add to the containers folder will appear as an option in the label legend manager.

Kevin

There were reports of this problem in 12.0.0, but it was fixed in 12.0.1 as far as I know.

Refreshing the instruments should fix the problem. If it does not send the file to tech@nemetschek.net to my attention and we will have a look at it.

• 1 month later...

I am having similar issues with Label Legends.

I am editing a file that was drawn in VW11. All was going well until for some reason the symbols/instruments changed into the Label Legend symbol found in the Label Legend Manager Edit Screen (With Blue/Red Box)when moving or editing data on a fixture.

The confusing issue is, the problem only happens on 2 out of my 3 PC's I work on. I'm running 12.5.2 and XP on all machines.

I have also sent the file to other users, but it works perfectly fine on thier machines.

I have also tried making a new document from scratch, with new symbols and label legends. As soon as I edit/move the symbol the same result occurs!?! The problem also occurs with every file I open on the 2 machines.

All of my label legends are contained in the Label Legends Folder.

HELP PLEASE....I HAVE DEADLINES!!

Thanks

Steve

Holly,

If you have imported the LL from anoyther document they ended up at the root level of the resource browser. For commands to recognize the label legends they need to reside in the Label Legend Folder.

It's the same thing with the containers. They must be placed in the Containers folder in order to see them as options in the label legend manager.

Kevin

MMLX,

For any critical issues you should contact tech support. They can help you best in a timely manner.

Unfortunatly it sounds like there is something specific to that one machine so that may not be able to reproduce the problem.

Kevin