Active notes database keeps resetting to default

If I choose a notes database to be active for a particular file, save the file, close and reopen it, the active notes database has reset itself back to the default (i.e. Plug-ins > Common > Notes) and I have to choose the correct database again.

This isn't the behaviour I would expect. Is it a bug or is there a reason for this?

That includes the server name and all the folders, right?

Yeap, all characters.

What happens if you put the file on the local computer and edit the database there?

Even if I put both the VW file and the General Notes database file on the desktop and work from there the same thing happens. Presumably it's an issue with the file (which wouldn't surprise me considering it's history) because I can get normal behaviour out of a fresh VW file.

The only thing that works for now is to subsitute the default database in the VW app folder with my one.

Edited by Christiaan

Okay I didn't see a mention of it working fine in a new file.

I would send an email to tech@nemetschek.net and bugsubmit@ attaching the notes database file and the file you are working on to see if the problem is duplicatable.

Where are you "choosing a database to be active"? If you click the callout tool, and then click the preferences button in the mode bar, this should set the default for new callouts in the same document. Similarly, if you click the general notes tool, and then click the preferences button and select a database, it will set the default for new general notes objects.

Selecting a different database for a specific callout or general notes object does not set the default for new objects.

Where are you "choosing a database to be active"?

From the Notes Manager window, which appears when you edit an existing set of notes.

If you click the callout tool, and then click the preferences button in the mode bar, this should set the default for new callouts in the same document.

But how do you do it for an existing set of notes, say?

Similarly, if you click the general notes tool, and then click the preferences button and select a database, it will set the default for new general notes objects.

Couldn't see a preferences button for General Notes.

Selecting a different database for a specific callout or general notes object does not set the default for new objects.

But I was able to select a different database (i.e. same database in different location) when I used a fresh file. The problem I have is just with an existing file.