3d Fillet

Hello All,

I am trying to create a 3d fillet. I've created the object to fillet using the extruded polygon tool (see image) and cannot for the life of me get the 3d fillet to work. I am trying to round over the edges of this chair frame. I am pretty sure I've tried every combination of preference options and I keep on getting "Edge filleting failed" message. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Pat

3d%20Fillet.JPG

Maybe the polygon used for the extrusion is not "closed". This would be checked in the OIP after double clicking the extrude and selecting the polygon. Otherwise sometimes angles can be too acute relative to the fillet specifications? I must admit to not being very accomplished here so maybe someone else can set this straight.

What kind of fillet are you specifying? I have also had problems when my fillet is equal to or greater than 1/2 the actual extrusion. Also verify the quantity of your vertices of the poly or zoom way in on your corners and see if the junction is clean and with out little additional lines that might have been inadvertantly created.

The fillet tool is somewhat problematic as I recall previous posts that you may want to search for in this forum.

Well I can't get this to work either with a similar shape using the extruded polygon tool or just a regular extrude converting to mesh or otherwise.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the Power Pack people to enlighten us......

Patrick,

Send the file to tech@nemetschek.net. They can send the file over the engineers and determine what might be causing the issue.

The fillet should work in that case.

BC - you shouldn't have to convert an extrude to a mesh to get the fillet to work. It should work on a simple - complex extrude.

BC - you shouldn't have to convert an extrude to a mesh to get the fillet to work. It should work on a simple - complex extrude.

Thanks Katie, I was trying out anything because it did not work on the simple extrude.

Patrick, Please keep us posted....

It is just a similar poly as Patrick's composed of arcs and lines (not the extruded poly) that is extruded to 1.5 inches and trying to fillet 1/2 inch on the top or bottom faces. I'll try to post an image. I have added it via the file manager but it doesn't show when I preview....