v10 to 12 conversion problem

I wrote to tech support and sent a file, but have not heard anything so I'm trying here to see if someone has experience that bears on what I find not so right.

I have a file that is in v10. I think it may have started in v9. Everytime I open the file with v12.5, it gets corrupted. Data fields in symbols missing. slivers of white obscuring drawing information (may be long radius arcs gone wild and not selectable.

If I open in v10 all is groovy.

Regards,

Donald

Have plenty of ram now.

More info.

I now find that I cannot convert any v10 file to v12.5 and have it work right. I'm guessing this is related to migrating to a new computer. OS has changed from 10.3.9 to 10.4.9. Processor from G4 to core duo.

This is kind of a problem. A consistent bug is loss of data in record formats embedded in symbols.

Regards,

Donald

I asked the TS Manager to follow-up with your email. If you do not hear back, please do not hesitate to contact them directly by phone: 410-290-5114.

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot open files from previous VW versions in 12.5.1.

Will not open VW 11 or 10 batch converted files or single files. Crashes the program when trying to open files.

I have just reinstalled VW 12.0 and have no problems opening files. I am about to try updating to 12.5 to see if this causes the problem again.

Running on a MacBook Pro Intel core2duo /10.4.9/2GB RAM

Here is a followup to the problem I originally had. With tech support help and a lot of dead ends, we found the problem to be this: (I have the same set up as jrd).

In VW preferences, Display tab, checking "quartz imaging" can (and in my case does) corrupt files. Unchecking it and everything works fine except that in the export pdf modes, "export pdf (quartz only)" is no longer available. The other pdf export option works fine.

I should say, the files are not actually corrupted, they just do not behave and display properly. This is clearly a bug, though whether NNA or Apple owns it I do not know.

Regards,

Donald