VectorWorks 12 Designer Hangs

Cheth

So here is the issue. While drafting whether autosave is turned on or turned off, doesn't matter if it's a new document or a previously edited/created document, recently VW has been hanging randomly. It usually takes about 3 minutes into drafting, the program will hang and I must CTRL ALT DEL and end the process as it is taking up 99% of my system resources. Is there any reason anyone can think why VW would all of a sudden take over 99% of my system resources causing it to hang like it is doing? The only other program I have ever had this problem with is ETC's Offline editors but thats just poor programming. any help would be greatly appreciated, all my drafting is taking me 100 times longer than it should.

Thanks Guys!

Has anything changed about the computer or the network?

Are you doing anything specific at the point of the hang?

How long have you let it sit before quitting the program?

Another Note: this is a stand alone version.

The only thing that has changed about the system was the introduction of a wacom tablet which I have uninstalled and the problem still persists.

The issue seems to occur most frequently when I copy and paste an instrument within the same document and try to move one of them. But it has also happened when adding an instrument from scratch.

The longest I've let it sit is for about 10 minutes and still no progress has been made.

Can you duplicate the problem using the same symbol in a new, blank document?

OR if you copy the object to a new document?

Are any other files demonstrating the same type of problem?

Doesnt really matter what symbol I use it still hangs when I copy and paste in any document i open, also happens in a new document when i have worked on it for about 20 minutes and i start copying and pasting and moving instruments it hangs. I am only copying one instrument so its not like im overworking the program by copying 90 instruments and pasting them at the same time.

Vectorworks doesn't like the fact that it is being "watched" by my antivirus software. Gave vectorworks full priveledges and adjusted the antivirus checks to understand that vectorworks is a trusted program. This seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks for trying to help.