OUT OF MEMORY

cad@sggsa

Good day all

I?m having a 'lack of memory' and 'out of memory' problem when I do any kind of render in any view on a drawing.

I?m currently running Intel Core 2 CPU, 6600 @ 240GHz, 2.40GHz 1.97GB of RAM and a 80 gb hard drive with 66.8GB free space. I work trough a server with a 186GB hard drive with 174GB free space

My rendertime also has been extremely long(85min) on Final Renderworks renders - which I need to use to view the Gobo textures.

Do I need more RAM?

Rendering requires both hardwired & OS virtual memory.. neither should be an issue in this case ... both are LocalHost.

But, if the FilePath to the 'temp files' is on your ServerPath as you seem to indicate (" I work trough a server..." ) then you can experience wierdliness depending on the server rwx permissions. Perhaps, Tempfiles are being written out by VW/Renderworks but then cannot be read or executed @ the server directory.

Thanx

Seems I have kinda sorted out the problem.

I was creating Renderworks textures from JPEG images, exported out of CorelDraw11. I minimized the file size from 50% to 10% which gave me a JPEG image size of 29kb

I will follow up on the server file size optimation to see if that will help with my render time, which still takes extremely long on Final Render Mode