Plant schedule calculations

Base

I have a question regarding the landmark automatic plant schedule generation. The schedule averages the distance between plants and lists that on the schedule. I want it to display the set spacing not the average spacing. Basically as soon as you have two sets of a particular plant 20m apart it ruins the set spacing average. Can someone assist? Cheers

Petri,

I wonder if Base is using one of the 'Supplied' Plant Data WSs or Create Report.

He calls it 'automatic plant schedule generation'

Base has placed say three lots of the same plant. You can change spacing in several places - the database, in Edit Plant (I think in two places) and in the OIP.

I only tried the OIP. Two lots of plants come up in Create Report when Summarise Items with Same is left alone and the WS shows the two lots with their different spacings.

Is there a way to grab one of those three lots of plants and identify it differently in a WS and likewise in the drawing.

Thanks for the help Petri. I actually tried out a few formula's in the schedule and then it all made sense. If you add /Xcolumn (divide by the no. of plants) it will maintain the average calculation on the random placed plants and also correctly calculate the plants which are a specified distance apart. Simple...haha

Darrell, I believe there is a way to show by a variety of specifics when generating the WS, but my issue was more or less based on the spacing not calculating because of the distance between 3 groups of plants. Anyways thanks for all your help.

Petri everyone at Urban Initiatives says hello.

and then it all made sense. If you add /Xcolumn (divide by the no. of plants) it will maintain the average calculation on the random placed plants and also correctly calculate the plants which are a specified distance apart. Simple...haha

Do I miss the point or the boat? Even if we don't enter the perilous territory of Polylines, the "spacing" can be interpreted in two ways: "along" or "along between vertices". The latter has further interpretations...

Whatever approach you choose, is it not enough to say Let there be 16 E. inmaculada or whatever?