Cabinet Handles...

gov

The handles are separate symbols. You can edit the hardware symbol and apply the texture to the symbol.

Once used in the drawing, you should see them in the Resource Browser for the working drawing.

Otherwise, the hardware is stored in the default library file in VW folder>Libraries>Defaults>

You can add hardware symbols, make duplicates, set certain symbols to always display w/ a specific texture, etc.

I had a problem recently with Door hardware in doing what you suggest Katie. I set up a door with hardware, went into the Resource browser and did two things to the hardware symbol in my drawing. I enlarged the space between the interior and exterior parts of the door hardware, and applied a texture to the the hardware.

As I expected I had to go back to the door, and open the settings for it to reflect my changes. Here comes the problem, I was still playing around with getting the opening and such just right, and everytime I went into the door settings, I had to choose to Use the symbol in the document several times as it seemed to want to update to the default content.

One possible explanation was that I simply changed the hardware symbol for one of the predefined sets, as I was tossing together a schematic design and didn't feel like filling out forms simply to put some hardware on the door.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

ion