Coiling Overhead Door In Wall

Bryce McKay

Have just updated from VW 10.5 to 12.5 (woohoo!) but cannot seem to use the old "Coiling" Config option in the old Overhead Door in Wall plug-in... I have tried the Update Plug-In Utility but have had no luck.

Is there a new Coiling or Sectional overhead door somewhere? I can only find panelled overhead doors... and I am trying to model an existing house and garage.

Customise your Workspace and add back in Overhead Door 2.

The problem with this plug-in though is that it only models the door. It doesn't model the coil if it is a coiling door, or the overhead track if it is a sectional door. Thats okay if you only want views from outside, but if you want to look from inside (or outside without the roof on) then...

I have modeled two different sizes coiling industrial door which have the overhead brackets and the coil (two configurations - open and shut). They are hybrid symbols - the sizes can be adjusted wth a bit of rudimentary 2D and 3D editing. I will send them to Vectordepot so that they can be posted on their site. If anyone wants them more quickly send me an email with your email address and VW version and I will send them to you.

Hopefully the Overhead Door 2 plug-in will be improved for the next version so that it does model more complete and accurate coiling and sectional doors.

A user I know is also hoping for a plug-in which will model largish top hung sliding doors complete with the track.

Ditto for round, hexagonal and octagonal windows.