Image prop mapping

afca

Hello,

I am having difficulty panning/moving the image prop on a solid/extruded figure.What I am doing is importing a jpg as an image prop and then applying it to an extruded cube which I should simply scale and move but....

The help note on the bottom says "this tool might fail with complicated object". But even if it is a simple solid cube most of the times it does not allow it and I have to input the info by hand in numbers on the "Horiz. Offset" and "Vert. Offset" boxes to move the graphic... but it is soooo slow to do it that way!

In the museum design in which I am, there are a lot of graphics to be applied on panels.

Any shortcuts? ideas? tricks?...

thank you soooo much!

Hi afca:

The texture resources that are created for image props have a 1" size. The first thing you might want to do is change the size to something that matches your objects more closely.

It is otherwise perfectly appropriate to let the Create Image Prop menu command create a texture resource for you and then throw away the prop itself.