Bug? Double Line Polygon Tool

The Double Line Polygon Tool causes VW to crash. I was hoping that 12.5.1 would correct this, but not.

The really annoying thig is that this crash trashes the Workspace Preferences. Very time-consuming to reconstruct after each crash. Soon learn that this tool is useless.

WNT OS

Until the problem is sorted out you might like to save a copy of your Workspace:

Vectorworks 12.5.1 > Workspaces > Erich's default workspace

Just keep a backup copy of it on your desktop and when VW crashes and trashes your Workspace just overwrite it with your backup.

P.S. I can't replicate the problem by the way. Long shot, but I wonder if the problem might be related to your Workspace? Is your Workspace derived from a fresh install of VW 12.5 or is it an old Workspace which you've kept throughout when updating VW?

Windows NT is not an authorized OS to run with VW 12.x.

I can't replicate the problem running Win 2000 or XP.

Something you can try, would be to update the video driver, if a newer driver is available. I haven't seen a WinNT driver update for quite a while though, so it's likely you have the latest version.

Windows System Requirements Windows system requirements:

Operating System: Windows 2000 SP4 or later, Windows XP

Other Software: QuickTime 6.5.2 to 7.1

Processor: Pentium or newer

Other Hardware: DVD-ROM drive

Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 (XGA)

Display color depth: 16 bit

Edited by Katie

Sorry Katie, it's not NT, it's XP that's running 12.x.x.

Regardless, II can't imagine the video driver being associated with crashes for something as simple as the double line polygon tool. If so, then maybe there IS a bug? Or at least a conflict that causes VW to crash.

Video driver = redraw, display, freezing, screen refresh and a wide variety of other factors.

It's not a problem duplicated by other people, so there's something specific about something on your computer causing the problem.

When you say it trashes the workspace preferences, what exactly are you refering to?

It is in your best interest, across the board, to use the most recent video driver version for optimal performance.