Framing walls like I want

Hello all,

I am a relatively new VW user who is trying to use the Wall Framer tool to generate framing drawings that will be built in the field like they are drawn. There are specific ways we frame walls that I would like to be reflected in Vectorworks. For instance we frame 24" O.C. as we move left to right looking at the exterior of the building. We don't frame pockets where interior walls intersect exterior walls and only use single sills on our windows. It seems like the way VW lays out the walls isn't very good and I would like to adjust it. Does anyone have any tips on how to "teach" it to automatically frame walls like I want it to? Thanks in advance.

This may be a situation where the wall framer in VW gets you close, but requires some extra "hands on" work from you to get it just like you want.

I would use the framer to get the 24" off center calculations. Where studs need to be removed or moved, do so in the models. The "frames" are a series of extrudes that can be ungrouped and manipulated either by deleting, drawing in extra parts, or moving studs/plates/headers around.

TC, the Wall Framer works in the direction of the walls. If you select a wall, you'll notice there's an arrow pointing from one end to the other. . .this will be the direction the Wall Framer works. We use this tool a great deal, but like Katie suggests, it only gets you close. It will NOT substitute for an experienced eye.

Good luck,