Windows XP x64

It's pretty common for me to work on files at the office then take them home and continue working on them. Recently files that work at the office are crashing on my home system. That and a couple other issues has me right on the virge of upgrading my home system again. The new system would be 64 bit with AMD dual core CPU (X2 4200+ Dual-core)

Now to the question...since the new system will be 64 bit architecture and I will have to wipe and reload WinXP pro, I was considering upgrading to XP x64 pro. Does anyone here have any experiance running VectorWorks on XP x64? Run better? Not at all? Issues, etc?

John

Edited by DIYguy

I've done it and don't recommend it at this point in time. Although many programs, including VW, run in the 32 bit emulation contained in WinXP x64, some older programs have 16 bit installers and can't be installed, plus many drivers are not available in 64 bit. I don't think the marginally increased performance is worth it, especially since not much software is written for 64 bit.