Lable Legend Manager Wierdness

michaelk

I've had this problem before, but today I'm stuck in an airport and I have time write about it.

The show is open, I'm updating the plot to make it an "As Hung" document.

I would like to add Dimmer to the Label Legend. It previously was not included in the lable legend.

It won't appear. I've tried: refreshing the instrument, giving the dimmer text field a color, making the font size 36, quitting and restarting.... nothing. I get a handle where I placed the dimmer field in the lable legend manager, but no information appears.

In the past I've deleted the lable, made a new one and assigned it to all the instruments.

For some reason, this time I decided to create an editable worksheet first and enter the dimmer numbers before going back to fix the lable legend.

And this is where I noticed the wierdness: In the editable worksheed, the CHANNEL column doesn't appear. In the column headed DIMMER are all the channel numbers EXCEPT for the units where I had entered a dimmer number. In those units the dimmer number appears, but in the correct alt-chan order.

So the first column in the editable work sheet listed the channels in their alt-chan order under the DIMMER column (It did not list a CHANNEL column) as

etc

117 is the dimmer in channel 1 that I entered while trying to fix the lable legend.

In the drawing, that unit still has "1" in the channel field and a blank space with a handle in the dimmer field.

In the object info pallet, all the information is correct and in the correct field.

Is this a bug? Is there something about the lable legend manager that I'm messing up?

Thanks

michaelk

VW12.5 Designer, Powerbook G4

Still stuck in the same airport........

Maybe it's not the label legend manager:

I duplicated the document and, on the copy, tried the following:

1. deleted the lable legend

2. created a new lable legend

3. assigned it to all the instruments

They refreshed without any prompting or encouragement, and the dimmer field appeared as it should in the units where I had entered dimmer numbers.

Still had the same problem in the editable worksheet, however.

I tried to create a new editable worksheet by moving all the fields out except for the channel. It wouldn't let me creat the worksheet with only the channel field.

I had to move another field (position) into the worksheet, tell it to sort by position, move the position out, tell it to sort by channel and then it created a work sheet with only the channel field.

Channel 1 didn't appear first, it thought it was channel 117. The rest of the channels seemed to appear in that crazy alphabetical order.

Then I deleted that worksheet, and created another, more useful, worksheet. And presto.... all seems right in the world.

I seem to recall having this problem off and on since forever, or Version 9, whichever came last.

Any ideas?

michaelk

VW 12.5, PowerBook G4