VW CRASHES on Intel MacBook Pro editing classes

Running VW 12.5 on MacBook Pro with Intel, when I use the Organization menu to edit classes, VW crashes immediately.

I called Tech Support and was advised to uninstall VW 12.5 and re-install 12.0 from my DVD. I was told that several calls had been received, that the technicians had figured out what was wrong and would post a new update to 12.5 on the website within 24 hours.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Incidently, I removed 12.5 and installed 12.0 from my DVD and guess what? It crashes when I try to edit classes. After 24 hours, I downloaded and installed 12.5 and sure enough, VW STILL CRASHES.

I have 12.5 on my PC and it works fine, no crash when I edit classes in the Organization menu. Looks like I may have to go back to the PC world after trying to switch to Mac.

Yes, thanks for replying. My Mac friend walked me through the disc utility tool and I just checked again to be sure. Ran "repair permissions" for a couple of items and the disk verified OK. Then I opened VW and on the untitled file I opened the organization menu, clicked on the dimension class and "poof" VW disappears with the next click.

OK, this is getting harder. You've done all the right things numerous times. Yet because I and others with same set-up can't duplicate the crash, it makes me think it's an OS or hard drive problem.

Unfortunately, diagnostic and repair software has not caught up with Intel Macs (Universal binary). As far as I know, at the moment, there is only the Tech Tool Deluxe that ships with Applecare, which you've tried. Disk Warrior is great, but not yet recompiled for Intel Macs. frown.gif

Its usually more of a later resort, but the lacking availability of other resources (that I know of) would make me suggest an Archive and Reinstall. Please just back-up to an external or remote drive. Should that fail...Zero-out (Overwrite) and Install.

If you have a little time, you could post or search on Apple Discussions . There are a lot of much more knowledgeable people who try to help. You could also try Applecare, if you are still covered, though they might claim it's a third-party issue, you could say with confidence that others with same set-up are not experiencing crash.

I hope something works out, because the Mac world is usually pretty nice and stable.