Any tips to fix broken VW12 files?

Any new tricks for fixing broken files? I have tried the Workgroup Reference trick but the original file is not recognized as a VW file.

It may be something I am doing, but I am experiencing more frequent corruption of files in VW12. It happened again today. The file is fine one minute, and then when I attempt to reopen I?m informed the file is an older version of VW and a new file will be opened, but sadly the file is corrupted & will not open.

It may be a coincidental, but the files in question all stated life as imported AC dwg files, but this is also what I have been working in (for the most part) since moving to VW12. (I updated to 12 why again?)

What may also be a coincidence is I have been copy/pasting from one file to another. Copy/pasting from one file to another is a habit I broke some time ago & have been using workgroup referencing however; I?ve been a bit of a backslider of late.

Any thoughts other than: ?suck-it-up ?by & rebuild the file??

VW12 Architect

INTEL Mac Tiger OS