Problems w/ changing Wall styles

There are times I have encountered problems changing wall styles. I select all exterior walls of an older drawing (vw 12.0.1), and do a "replace......" from the PIO menu. When it changes them out one of the following occurs,

1) one or two of the walls goes wonky and the expands outward at an odd angle away from the building.

2) a number of the windows and or doors in the wall disappear.

This can also happen if I go to the wall styles and, selecting a new wall style, drop it on an existing wall, one at a time.

(sent in as bug)

anyone else having that problem?

These problems are all happening in files which I have created under 11.5 to but no earlier than 11.5....

I also have it happen when I am changing one wall at a time by dragging the wall style from the resource browser and dropping it on a wall.... if I cut and paste the wall to a location by itself, then there is no problem, but as long as it is joined at one end or more, or unjoined and left in position, it goes wonky.

Yep. There are two kinds of solutions: one is to unjoin all walls and separate them from each other. The other, which I've experimented with, is to convert the walls to unstyled. Then edit the original style, and re-apply them to the wall using the OIP. I prefer the latter solution, but there are still some unresolved issues with this workaround that I haven't quite gotten a handle on.

Michael, double check your other walls when you do this - making changes to the style can affect any wall on the drawing, including walls of completely different characteristics that are joined to a wall with the style you're changing.

I hope that NNA has added this kind of operation to their testing procedures so that we aren't plagued by this problem with future releases!