Scaling

Israel

A beginner's dilemma: My drawings show at 1/4" scale, even though the layers and viewports are marked for 1/8" scale; When I measure a distance-it's at 1/8" scale, twice as big as it should be. Why are my plans, elevations, & sections 2x the scale size?

VW uses Page Scale = Layer Scale . The Viewport container is 1:1 scale and addresses Layers which may be set to any scale. VP annotations then are at the scale set from within the VP 'scale' OIP. This is convenient but confusing when Layers & Viewports are scaled differently.

Now, then, most drawings have multiple Layers and each of the Layers may be at any scale. Possible scaling issues occur when Layers of differing scales are viewed contiguously as overlays. If the top layers is ... say.. 1/4 scale and the lower Layer is 1/8 scale the difference is 2x. Changing the Layers to similar scales resolves the issue. Or use a Mod-Layer at a desired scale to compile the Layers via Layer Links . Then use VP to address the Mod-Layer at the desired 'presentation' Page scale.