Rendering on a Sheet Layer Problem

esambell

I put a rendering of a part on a sheet layer. I use a black background in Vectorworks, so the sheet layer looks great. Unfortunately when I go to print it I get a black background around my part. What makes it even worse is that my cropping isn't a square so it looks very bad. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric Sambell

Sheet Layers are by design WYSIWYG = WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet

Therefore, prior to printing you will need to dismiss that Black background.

A little history lesson:

In the old days there were only green,orange, & black monitors ... hi-contrast white & gamma had not been invented yet. Prior to Minicad for Mac, CAD software was PC based. Autocad's use of bright colors like magenta & green & yellow turned the black screen from a detriment into a product selling point.

But in 1984 the Mac developers pushed the envelop by offering that little hi-contrast & hi-gamma white monitor powered by the first WYSIWYG computer OS . Minicadv1.0 for Mac was brilliantly written by Richard Diehl to take advantage of it. After all when was the last time you printed your plans to Black paper with multi-colored inks ?

Although programs like Autocad still insist on using the legacy black screen interface, in the world of WYSIWYG it makes no sense whatsoever. Besides printing black backgrounds sure does use a lot of that expensive HP ink.

VW kindly offers the Black background option for display purposes ( i use it for some of my little VRML movies ), but then focuses expertly on precision WYSIWYG for output.

As of this posting, very few humans live in a blacked out neon-bright world...