striplight/editable worksheets

MrTemplate

i'm about to fiinish a collection of symbols which includes adaptations of spotlight striplight resources (symbols). when i created my symbols, i duplicated a spotlight resource, replaced the 2D and 3D components of the existing spotlight symbol, and updated the data when necessary. other than that, i left the data and Light Info Record information intact.

i've now been told that each of the striplight "parts" needs to have a Light Info Record attached, and the requisite information filled out for each "part" of the strip.

from what i can tell, that is not the case in at least some of the altman striplights that i checked before i came here to the tech board.

i can quickly edit each strip part (in the edit symbol window) and attach a Light Info Record to it, but then having to repeatedly fill each model name, wattage, frame size, weight, etc for each part, i'd rather create an editable worksheet for the resources in the resource browser (not for symbols inserted in the drawing.) after updating all of the information in the editable worksheet that updated information would be applied directly to the resources, rather than the symbols in the drawing.

is this possible? i have tried selecting some resources, then invoking the command SpotLight > Utilities > Create Editable Worksheet, but that doesn't work.

is there a way to create an editable worksheet that is linked back to the resources (and can then update the data in the resources)? any suggestions cheerfully accepted. thanks