Sign in to follow this  
Knewtson

HASP4 Network Dongle Protection Error

Question

I manage a computer lab at a university. We have been using VectorWorks on our Macs since the early days of MiniCadd. I love the App.

I have just upgraded the lab to Duel 1.8 GHz G5?s running OS X 10.3.4, and purchased a 25 lab-seat, dongled version of Spotlight 11. With Spotlight 10.5 I had 25 individual serial numbers so the server dongle is a new thing.

Whereas, my file server is in a different building on campus under lock and key, I have chosen to use my print server (a 400 MHz G3 iMac, running 10.2.8, literally a mac that is always on and running in a closet) as the HASP Server.

I believe I have installed the software on the HASP Server and the Clients correctly, but I get the following error message:

quote:

Network Dongle Protection Error:

The program number specified is not in the program

list of HASP4 Net Memory. VectorWorks will now

quit.

I have checked that the number on my key matches the last six digits of my serial number. I have repaired permissions on the Hasp Server. I have deleted the pref files on the clients and reentered the serial number. I have set the hard drive on the server to never sleep. I always get the same result.

Any Suggestions?

4 answers to this question

ARe you getting this when you launch VW on the client machine?

Are you launching VW 10 or 11?

This means that the network dongle is not programmed.

Please contact Customer service at 888-646-4223 or sales@nemetschek.net to receive a replacement programmed dongle.