multicircuit second time around

i tried again to apply the multicircuit thing, by reading the book. the help file, etc... , still can't get it to work.it will not move as stated:" as a single unit"

let's see: i create 3 objects. .with each i create a symbol, one right,one left and one center. i then insert the symbols and convert each to a light instrument. i set them in proximity of each other and select all of them and define them as multicircuit.then i clic on one instrument and move it. it moves and rips part of the instrument next to it to move with it.

i don't think that qualifies as "moves as a single unit"

if there is something i am doing wrong,please point it out to me!

Have you tried this? Refreshing the screen? By double clicking the pan tool (little hand, underneath the select tool) it will force a redraw (refresh) of the screen. If you have correctly created a multicircuit fixture, it's mates will redraw correctly. I'm not sure if this is what is happening to you, but it always happens to me. Good luck.

thanks william 7 for the advise. even if it did not work for me, it gave me a lead.i multicircuited 3 instruments, i selected the Right ins. and moved it. what it moved was the Right ins. plus a part of the Center unit. but when i tried to select the rest of Center unit or Left unit no go.then i selected all 3 and voila!!! the selection handles of L and C appeared in line with the symbol of R, but the drawings of L and part of C are elswhere. then if i do a zoom in and zoom out in succession ( it redraws the whole thing) , L and part of C moved to where they should of moved.

since it is evident that this is not the way multicircuit should function, is it a platform thing or a vw thing?

i have a G4. mac os 9.2.2 and vw sl 10.1.2

what have you got william 7?

you name it, I basically have it. I am a teacher at the University of Illinois. Our CAD Lab has both Windows and Macs. Windows XP and Mac OS9 for now. We are currently running VW 10.? the newest. At home I have a G$ with OS 10 and VW 9.? The multi circuit is certainly an interesting feature to master. One other thought that I had. Are you using you own (homemade) symbols or are you using the parts that come with Spotlight?

bruce, I miss informed you about the screen redraw. The pan tool is located underneath the page move tool. Next to the select arrow. I just created 3 new symbols..L,CTR, R cyc units. Then coverted to lighting symbols, then added label legends to each instance, then selected the 3 symbols and converted to multi circuit instrument. I selected the instrument to move it, and just as you have stated, the instruments tear apart. But I double click the hand tool (Pan) and all is corrected. I am using my desktop computer at work...G4, Mac OS 9.2, 512 megs ram, Spotlight 9.5.2

thanks williams7. tried your trick, works the same on my machine.i when a bit farther: since we will want to place the multicircuit unit somewhere , we might want to rotate it. tried it. rotated right unit right 90, L and part of center did not move. double clicked pan or zoomed and they followed.ok.but when i tried to do the process in reverse to bring it back, o boy! what a mess!

also, since there is usually multiple occurances of that multicircuited unit in a plot, i tried to do a symbol of that o boy! another can of worms.

bottom line,multicircuit does not work properly for me, could someone at nemetschek give us a feedback as to probable cause.