Problem w/ 9.5.1 Web Update Installer

Bob Jared

Question

I'm running WinXP. My Vectorworks files are located in my 'F' partition; "Program Files/Vectorworks."

In running the "web based update installer" for v. 9.5.1 it seems to have installed all the new files into the root of my 'F' partition and not into any sort of "Vectorworks" directory. So do you recommend that I uninstall the update using Win's Add/Remove programs and re-installing, so as to get all the individual files out of the root directory of the 'F' partition ??

Also - since I also will need to update my laptop's installation - it might be easier for me to download the big 50mb file and save it to a CD and install from that. My question is - in installing this does Windows see this as a new seperate program, or does it modify the original Vwks 9.5 installation ? If the former, assuming everythingthing is working properly - can I then delete my original 9.5 version ?

Thanks for your help.

Bob Jared

bobjared@mindspring.com

1 answer to this question

Bob, The installer is an Updater. It copies your current version of VW 9.5 and updates the copy. You will have a new folder for VW 9.5.1. Once you have VW 9.5.1 installed, you can remove VW 9.5.0, however keep in mind if you ever need to reinstall VW 9.5.1 in the future, you will need VW 9.5.0 installed first.

As for it installing to the root of F:/, you should be able to specify the folder on F you want the VW application to get installed to. As a matter of fact, it should have created a VW 9.5.1 folder and installed it to that, unless you changed the path to just f:/. What I would do is reinstall it, making sure it installes to a path of F:/VW 9.5.1 or soemthing to that nature.