Active Legend

PHSmith

In the drawing I am working on, I laid out my instruments first before assigning (or even creating) a label legend. When I did make the legend, I started converting my symbols to fixtures, but then I had to tell manually assign the active legend to each unit. Shouldn't the legend automatically assign to the symbols when I convert?

Also, does VW have to change an object's class to NONE when it is grouped with others?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

In the drawing I am working on, I laid out my instruments first before assigning (or even creating) a label legend. When I did make the legend, I started converting my symbols to fixtures, but then I had to tell manually assign the active legend to each unit. Shouldn't the legend automatically assign to the symbols when I convert?

This is on the wish list for the next version.

For now, you can select mutiple instruments and run the Assign Legend to Instruments command.

quote:

Also, does VW have to change an object's class to NONE when it is grouped with others?

The group is in the "None" class, but the objects withing the group will still be in the classes they were asigned. This allows you to control the visibality of objects within the group.