Twofers

SAR

Will twofers update and show the channel upon refreshing the instruments. I have imported files from LW then refreshed, but only the non twofer channels show. The same thing happens if I select the twofer and type the channel in from the obj. info box. I can only get the channel to show in the container when I select the twofer and updated the instrument in the obj. info box. Am I missing a step?

Thanks

Steve

Upon further investigation I realized that the twofers will automatically refresh and appear so long as the container was selected in the label legend. Since I do not want a channel container on non twofered lamps I was adding the container individually from the obj. info box, which seemed to require selecting the twofers and then updating to get the channel to appear. Is there as way around all this.

Thanks

Steve

If the channels are aready entered into the instrument information then when the two-fer is placed it updates with the correct channel. If the two-fer is placed and then you enter the channels into the instrument info they will not update, so I can replicate your problem.

My guess you are going to have a problem, as I am pretty certain that you do have to have the channel selected in the label legend to get channels to show in the two-fer.... I double checked this and that is correct.

Two-fers have had problems and I don't know if they have fixed all the issues. This lack of updating information seems to be one of them!!

One nice thing about two-fers is if you do place the two-fer before you have entered the channel info you only have to enter the channel into one of the instruments. It will automatically update the record for the other instrument in the two-fer!!!

Thanks for the confirmation. I see that the udating will occur if the channel is already assigned, but since I usually apply channels and color etc. from the LW paperwork I will just have to select them and update from the, twofer obj. info box. I agree, the updating of the second twofered lamp automatically is a nice feature. I guess for me it is not a huge issue since these days I do not have to as much twofering as in the past.

Steve