1000 points of ... productivity

Taproot

Question

I hadn't originally intended thsi to be so lengthy. But then I figured "Hey - version 12 just came out this is the time to mention those minor nuisances for version 13 before all of the programmers schedules are set." So, here ya' go!

Trim Tool:

? Add a mode to allow dragged line selection of objects in addition to lasso and square. This would give a lot more flexibility and control.

? One flow: Select objects (click), pick trim object (click) resets tool for next trim operation - having to deselect the trimmed objects to then select a new series of objects is a pain.

?Trim to break lines and other visible objects would also be a plus.

Offset Tool:

? Mode that allow for symmetrical offset (i.e. two objects equally offset from the original centerline)

? Offset distance(s): Being able to preset more than one offset distance i.e. 1/2" ,5 1/2", and 3 1/2" and then being able to toggle between them on the fly with a keystroke.

? Like the Trim Tool - Click on a line - engages tool and begins offset, click again to set offset line(s) and DESELECT. This prepares you to launch right into another operation.

? Add multiple offset mode: multiple objects continue to offset at the specified distance in the direction of the mouse drag until the mouse is clicked.

Offset Along Path Tool:

? Offset multiple objects from the point on which the original is selected (or be able to select a point on the rectangle - like in the PIO for objects). Arbitrarily duplicating objects beginning at the center is illogical. Typically, you want equal spacing with the outside edge aligned with the start point (not centered on it). Better yet, would be to have an option where you could have all of the objects equal spaced, but the first and last object adjusted so that their outside edges were flush with the start and end points (as in framing layouts).

Callout Tool:

? It's almost perfect! The bezier mode of the callout tool should only have one default adjustment handle (not two) (or at least the option) This would give it a clean look with all of the benefits of SUPER LEADER while keeping the text and the leader together in one object. The current version is awfully squiggly.

GRAY LAYERS (What's the point to them anyway?)

? In my view, gray layers are there for two reasons: Either you want to print them as background data that is supporting information, but not the main focus of a drawing, or you want to use them as a guide to trace other information off of (like a roof plan off of a floor plan or a foundation plan off of a floor plan). Currently VW can't do either. This is a point of major aggravation for me. VW refuses to snap to gray layers, and the shade used is to light to show up on almost all printers. I would suggest that Users be able to control the shade of gray or color criteria used for gray layers. This would allow for individual adjustment for different printer and screen configurations. I would also suggest that layers set to gray would remain snappable!

OTHER:

? Be able to set the PIO defaults to an object. VectorDepot has a menu item that does this, but it works inconsistently. I use it all the time! It's priceless.

? Section Perspectives: Allow for perspective view of Live Sections for the objects behind the cutting plane.

You guys are doing a great job with the development of the software ... Please keep it up!

1 answer to this question