Added keyboard functionality in Layer/Class visibility screens

Ethan

Question

In the Class and Layer Visibility screens, I notice you can scroll up and down using the up/down arrows. However, the left/right arrows do nothing. They should be made to move the little diamond left and right, thus allowing you to completely control that screen without having to reach over to your mouse.

You should also be able to hold shift and arrow up/down to select multiple layers.

Ethan

Vectoroworks 11.5

Mac OS 10.3.9

5 answers to this question

That is true. Microsoft has certainly integrated the use of a mouse wheel into the Windows interface better than the Mac software.

One of the first things a PC user will say when he or she doesn't want to switch is "I can't function without a 2-button mouse." Despite the automatic Apple user's response of "You CAN use a 2-button mouse with a Mac," it's still an obviously new concept for the Apple programmers, in that the right mouse button still has limited capability. For instance, right-clicking on the title bar of a window on the Mac does nothing, where in Windows you always get a contextual menu.

However, if Apple is going to pass the ball on to the 3rd-party software manufacturers, then that makes it Nemetschek's responsibility, and they have dropped the ball.

Continuing my tirade....

If Apple really wants to continue courting Windows users, they are going to have to get off their high horse soon and start making a 2-button mouse standard, and start really supporting it with their own software. On a similar topic, I haven't seen a single new feature in Tiger that merits even a thought about upgrading...