THE SELECTED OBJECT HAS NO EDIT BEHAVIOUR

mike m oz

Question

Ray

I don't want my quickness with the mouse to be interpreted as an error rather than the action I am trying to do. A message even in the mode bar is a pain and it over-rides and stops my actual edit action.

The point I am trying to make is that the double click to edit an item should only work where it is possible. It should be ignored where it is not, and certainly should not be producing an error message. I find it slows my work down and annoys me greatly.

3 answers to this question

If the selected object has no edit behaviour please make it so that it doesn't try to edit it and bring up the message box instead because it can't.

Too often the program interprets two clicks closer together (such as when you are stretching objects or moving dimension reference points by small amounts) as being double clicks to bring up the edit mode.

If the object is not editable it is not editable. The program should be intelligent enough to recognise this and not bring up an absolutely superfulous and time wasting message.