Pantone or CMYK Colours

APE Design Ctr

Question

3 answers to this question

If you can find a software application that builds the color palettes, you can use the alternate color palettes in VW.

There used to be software for this under OS 9, but I haven't been able to find any for OS 10.

There used to be an unsupported Pantone colour picker for MacOS 9, by Apple. Worked OK with VW, as I recall.

I don't think there is an application that can build a VW colour palette (because they are document-specific), but a reasonable workaround for OS X goes like this:

- Use PhotoShop (full), PageMaker or InDesign to define the Pantone or CMYK colours. At least PageMaker has even Munsell colours, for those so inclined.

- Keep Digital Color Meter open when you are editing a colour and key in the RGB values it shows when you hover above the colour you need.

So, while you are in colour palette editing mode, you have to have the 'source' application and Color Meter open and visible. Sounds more complicated than it is.

Now, if someone can come up with a working formula for converting CMYK to RGB (those at EasyRGB do not work), I'd be happy to incorporate that into my freeware program 'A Pint of Paint' which creates gradients (ie. named colours) into VW 10 and later.