Importing plant catalogue data from a spreadsheet - some fields not displayed under 'more data'

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've imported my own plant catalogue to VW 2024 but the fields listed under 'more data' when you 'Edit Plant Style' do not entirely correspond to the fields specified by the PlantCatalogDef list and some of the specified fields are missing altogether from 'more data'.  I want to use the missing data in worksheets/reports and can't find it under 'Plant Record' or anywhere else.  Am I missing something?  Is there anything I can do about this?

Many thanks,

Rebecca 

Edited by Rebecca R
Adding more info.

Hi @Rebecca R

Your own plant catalogue is that based on a txt-file or is it a Filemaker type? If it is text based I find it helps to open it in a spreadsheet application. Then add a Header row to your file. Then insert the 'More data'-fields as header and rearrange the columns so that they have the same order of the fields as displayed in the Plant More Data.

Hope this helps

Hi @Carol Reznor,

Thank you for replying.  My own plant catalogue is a txt file created from an excel file whose columns reflected the PlantCatalogDef list recommended by Vectorworks ( https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2023/eng/VW2023_Guide/Plants1/Importing_plant_catalog_data_from_a_spreadsheet.htm ).  Perhaps the PlantCatalogDef list is misleading then and I should use the 'More Data' fields as you suggest?  I'll try it, thanks!

Rebecca