Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Editing Custom Node Automatically Update In All Plug-In Objects

I have a custom Node that I have inserted into hundreds of Marionette Objects. I want to be able to edit the node and have that automatically update in all of the Plug-In Objects. Currently when I edit the node in the Script Editor or an external editor I have to then go into that node in every object, open the script, save the script and then it updates. I see the code changes take place but they don't update until I re-save that script.

Am I missing a step or is this not possible currently?

Edited by Steven Morgan
  • Steven Morgan changed the title to Editing Custom Node Automatically Update In All Plug-In Objects

If you use Vectorworks 2023 or 2024, you can save your Marionette Objects (I assume that that is what you mean by "Plug-In Objects") as a style and thus when you change the network (or code) in one instance of this style, you change it in all instances.

If that doesn't work for you, could you please upload a simple version of what you are trying to accomplish?