Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

opposite of the extrude node

les

Hello,

if you have a simple solid object (e.g. a cube or an extrusion) this could be done by "extracting" the top or the bottom of the solid.

But if your solid object gets just a little bit more complicated, for example two different sized cubes that are added together, this is not as straight forward anymore and there would be different ways, that would give different results. You could for example:

• want to have the bottom of the solid
  • or just the top
  • or the polygon of a section at a given height
  • or all faces that you can see from the top
  • all faces that you can see from the bottom
  • and maybe more...

Maybe you can provide us with an example file where you show some solids that you have, aswell as the expected results.

Regards,

Letti

Edited by Letti R

Hey Letti

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, it's just about extracting the bottom or top of a simple voulmen body, as a 2d polygon.  Whether it is the bottom or the top does not matter. Do you have an idea how I can do this?

I have attached the part of the script I have already written. It's all about creating concreted edges with the right amount of concrete depending on the type. My goal would be to create an object node with a 2d polygon as output. 

lg Sebatain

Randstein.vwx