Custom Data Record In a polygon and a line - Use the area of a polygon to calculate the capacity of a building

Hello,

I am exploring new Vectorworks tools, and I came across a feature that may be very useful to me, "Data Record", to be able to produce custom attributes for some objects.

So I already thought of two use cases that would be very useful to me, but... I couldn't do it.

First case:

I often use polygons to see what is the public area of a particular event and with that to know the number of people I can have in the public.

So using a Data record that multiplied each square meter by 2.5 people would always save this useless calculation. which I have to do every time I get a new area.

Second case:

I use the length of lines to analyze the length of cables and it would be good to get through the length of the line, and use a Data Record with the formula of the voltage drop for a respective correct one that will cross that "cable".

I tried to observe the Tools->Data Manager options, but even with the polygon/line selected, they do not appear as objects in the Data Manager.

How can I do both situations?

image.thumb.png.4247369cf22cd9dedf52936a03e6af02.png