Worksheets & formula - 'coding' questions.

MPCE

Hello everyone,  

I have been using vectorworks for a little while now, but I am only starting to use the worksheet functions, and I have a little question specific to what I am trying to achieve. 

So I have successfully created database rows in order to extract the components from my drawings (in this case material specific areas through their class), that are organized on building level layers, and I would like to have displayed as well a list of the name of the spaces it touches. And this is where I am unsure if it is actually possible and if so how to proceed. 

So my guess is that I would have to have a function that lists components (here the names), but I noticed that there is no Index function like in excel? 
then inside that list I would have an IF statement that if this component from the database created is in contact with - a criteria function that include all space elements of the drawing - then return that space.customSpaceName and add it to the list. 

My second unrelated (and easiest) question would be, as I create my database row, and as it gives me a list with name - area - layer, can I ask it to remove any line for which the area is 0?

And lastly, I am trying to remove the first 4 characters of the string of the layer's name. I have tried the =RIGHT(Layer, LEN(Layer)-4), but it does not seem to work.. any thoughts?  

Thank you very much for taking the time to read me,

Cheers,

Marie.

Edited by MPCE