Enscape for Vectorworks en Mac, quick review on the trial version

frv

This weekend tried it on my MacBook Air m1. 16Gb.

Actually was easy to use and the results were ok as well. Lots of crashes though and had some weird alterations on my 3D model.

Plus

•easy to use, good documentation and help

•results are ok and easy to finetune

•sky is great, real clouds and no need for hdri's

•some AI here and there going on, for example grass is generated just by naming a material grass, wild grass or tall grass.. At nighttime the placed artificial lights switch on.

Minus

•Opening files and starting VW is really a lot slower since every time Enscape has to load as well. Since Enscape crashes a lot this is frustrating.

•Placing/scattering assets is (very, very )slow compared to dedicated apps like C4D, Lumion, Twinmotion and so on.

•Scattering assets inside Vectorworks is not really there compared to dedicated apps like C4D, Lumina and so on. Larger projects with lots of vegetation are not possible because of this in my view

•Expensive for the kind of render you get

•Me working occasionally on my laptop at home is not an option without paying much more. Enscape limits installs on one system with the most affordable subscription.

I work with VW models in C4D and Corona render. Exports to C4D takes less than seconds. Placing/scattering assets and setting up a scene for render can be done as quick or far quicker compared to Enscape. The quality renders, assets and materials are far better for Coronarender.  Looking at Enscape pricing I could not afford to have it aside C4D/Corona as well. 

Francois

I made this image in Enscape  in a few minutes for a client. Grass was generated, trees by Enscape. Also somehow nice that trees move in the wind. Nice touch that is more entertaining than I thought. I got the people from 3D warehouse. The lines are done in Enscape and you can actually finetune those outlines with some finesse. Something that stands out as a quality to me that most other render solutions don't have with this ease of use.

I deleted Enscape trial for now. Mostly because I don't like plugins for rendering within VW. It slows everything down. Typical is that I needed to use the Terminal app to delete Enscape. 

geestweg 118A Naaldwijk.jpg

Edited by frv
  • Like 1
  • Love 1