v2024 ConnectCAD Issue?

Kurt Lesh

Question

Anyone else experiencing issues wit the "Connect" cool in ConnectCAD in v2024?  I will be working on a schematic, drawing away and then the Connect tool that ive been using all day will just stop working and I wont be able to draw connections.

I have had this with multiple files. It will eventually start working again, but I cant nail down anything to cause it.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Kurt Lesh,

Thanks for the feedback. I have not noticed such issues and have not heard anything similar. Can you make a screen recording showing what exactly happens? It would be best if you can reproduce this with some steps in a test file that you can attach here.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

3 minutes ago, Kurt Lesh said:

Yup that did the trick. 
With the change in v2024 in how the rack tools work, I have to toggle between Front & Top views extremely frequently now.  My 3D mouse only lets me select "Top" for presets...

- You can try using multiple views and setting up one to be Top/Plan, the other Front, etc.

• Like 1

Hello @Kurt Lesh,

Some more info about this problem. It happens only when you are in Top view and you have User Origin changed. Is the User Origin change intentional? If not, you can go in Top/Plan view and set the user origin to match the internal origin as shown below and this will fix the problem.

image.png

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov