Report of equipment contained in a given Layer

Good afternoon.

In the same Vectorworks project, I have different layers containing different proposals for a stage design project.
image.png.0398dbd8b9ca03d44c682822a38c3634.png

Different projects have different Lighting Fixtures and different quantities.

I would like at the end of each PDF chapter (where I present the drawings of the different projects) a summary of the types of Lighting Fixtures.

If I use the Instrument Summary, I get the total of the fixtures in the project [fixtures on Project A + Project B + Project C], and I don't figure out how I can filter this by Layer

How can I make it?

Thank you so much

At the bottom of the Instrument Summary Object Info Palette is a button called Filters.  This allows you to filter counts based on class, layer, position, or a custom string.  I recently did a similar project where I proposed two different track layouts, one with horizontal track and one with vertical track.  In this case, I could have used the Instrument Summary tool with a layer filter in place, as in this example:

image.thumb.png.0e28c7284c972818a74477d2cad45675.png

One thing to keep in mind with this approach is that these filters are applied to the object as a text string, so if you have a lot of filters turned on and you have long layer names, the text string becomes too long to parse and the summary will instead error out.

• Like 1