Plug-in and shared library

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to share plugins (.vso) with a shared library?

This is to avoid copying the plug-in to each workstation here: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2023\FRA\Plug-ins ... and to manage updates.

According to the description and help capture below it is possible:

https://help.designexpress.eu/vwhelp/2023/FR/VW2023_Guide/Workgroup/Sharing_custom_content_using_workgroup_folders.htm?rhsearch=partager plug in&rhpgno=2

CaptureAidePluginbibliothquepartage.thumb.jpg.bcced4a494ca0aa160b16ef2fb8eed7d.jpg

Ci-dessous le chemin que j'ai testé mais qui n'a pas fonctionné :

CapturePluginbibliothquepartage.thumb.jpg.4a55f8b8a89483f4e10f6f473d6c75e9.jpg

Do you know if this can work?

Thanks and have a great day,

Thomas

Yes, We have done this a little.

If you haven't already, a Workgroup Library Folder in our Vectorworks Cloud Service folder.

Then, link to that folder in the Workgroup and Project Folder section of the Vectorworks Preferences, so it shows up in your Resource Browser.

Place the .VSO in the Workgroup>Plug-ins folder.

Finally, load the plugin from the local VW Cloud Services Folder. (mine is on my "D:" drive) using th Tools>Plugin Manager

I think that is it. 

image.thumb.png.5bd3b0ea3c415d87726c6e9881b1a594.png

• Like 1

Hi @BartHays,

Thank you for your response and your explanations!

I am going to create a Workgroup Library Folder in our Vectorworks Cloud Service folder since we are not using it at the moment.

I'll test this today or tomorrow and let you know if it works for us.

Have you ever managed to share a Plug-in without going through Vectorworks Cloud Service? Just with a shared folder on a server and a library structure?

Thank you and I will test the Vectorworks Cloud Service!

Hi,

Ok, I tested the Vectorworks Cloud Service and it works fine as you described above.

I should have been more precise in my first post by asking: will a plug-in always have to be installed on each workstation here: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2023\FRA\Plug-ins?

I think the answer is yes so sharing will allow each user to download and install it on their computer, I was wondering if there was another way to share a plug-in to avoid each user installing it on his post.

We currently share a library by sharing a folder without going through Vectorworks Cloud Service but this solution would surely allow better management of updates.

Thank you for this information and have a nice day!