Horizontal Section Viewports: allow some objects to opt out of "display 2d components".

line-weight

Question

When using a Horizontal Section Viewport, you can select or deselect an option to "display 2d components". Selecting this makes VW display the 2d symbol version of certain objects, instead of simply sectioning the 3d geometry.

This allows things like door swing lines to be drawn automatically, and is useful where the 2d components of objects function correctly. However, if any objects' 2d components don't display correctly, or in the way that you want, then you have to chose either to live with them, or turn them off for al objects in the viewport. For example, it is impossible for me to get windows to display the way I want in plan, using VW 2d components.

It would be very useful if I could choose certain objects or object types not to display 2d components in a Horizontal Section Viewport. This could be a setting within the objects (for example a window style could have an option "don't display 2d component in HSVs" or it could be a setting for the viewport, where I'd be able to choose which object types show their 2d component.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet