Adding 3d text to a PIO

hey guys,

I hope it's as simple as me missing something... I'm trying to add some text to a generated 3D object inside a Point Object but if I use vs.CreateText() it only lives in the 2D layer of the object. I've tried using vs.Move3DObj() and vs.TrueTypeToPoly() with no luck. 

ideally only want this text to be on the 3D layer. 

Hi @Jayme McColgan,

There are many ways to get to where you want to go. What Tui said is the first step. After that, you can move the text as a 3D object, and/or rotate it in 3D. You can also set a Front or Side view and rotate and move it with 2D commands. Or, you can use the vs.SetEntityMatrix() command which defines a plane's origin and its rotations, then places the text on that plane.

There are other ways, but they have oddities that are not worth the effort to go into right now.

If you already have an object on a Working Plane, you can get its Planar RefID, and change the text's RefID to match, causing it to jump to that plane. However if you are starting from scratch and defining a plane as you create your text, the methods defined in the first paragraph should get you there. 

Raymond