Truss magnets move when connecting trusses

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is a known issue that has been corrected in VW2024. If you look at the post below I did a little more digging and found some issues so it does work better.

Edited by JustinVH
Found a solution to the issue and posted below.
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Mathijs van OmmenI did a little more digging and the straight pieces of truss and the hinge are setup incorrectly. First, the bottom chord of the truss must be a a Z height of zero(0) and the straight pieces of truss in the file were sitting 25mm below Z=0. The hinge is 387mm high and the truss is 389mm high so the hinge needs to actually be at a Z height of 1mm so that the chord centers align properly. The second issue was the magnets. The magnets need to be at the correct height which is 389/2mm and they had a roll angle assigned to them which needs to be removed to get the vertical assembly to work correctly. This has been improved in VW2024 so the vertical snapping behave a lot more like expected. I have attached your file back to this so that you can see what I did to the truss to make it snap more like is desired.

Truss magnets. Fixvwx.vwx