Video Screen Coverage Zone parameters

2 hours ago, XiuhSV said:

I wonder if someone can elaborate on what do the Near Multiplier and Far Multiplier fields represent in the Show Coverage Zone of the object info section?

The Coverage Zone feature lets the user see the theoretically "ideal" viewing area for a given screen based on the screen's height, width, or diagonal measurement.  The "Near" and "Far" parameters are multipliers of one of those references.  Different content (and a particular user) drives different references and multipliers.

For example:

IMAG:  8 x Width

Detailed images (like spreadsheets and/or graphs:  5 x Width.

Viewers within the given generated arc would (in-theory) be able to see clearly the given content type.  So...if the arcs from a given screen don't cover an audience well for a given content type, I either need bigger screens or more of them.

Different designers have different multipliers they like for given content types.

Make sense?

BTW...anyone reading this ever see a document that was floating around a few years ago that cited different ideal multipliers for different content?  If so...and, if you have access to that document or know where one can find it, would you mind sharing?  I saw it but have not been able to "re-find" it.  I know what I like but would love to be able to point our users to standards that may exist.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/26/2023 at 5:09 PM, C. Andrew Dunning said:

The Coverage Zone feature lets the user see the theoretically "ideal" viewing area for a given screen based on the screen's height, width, or diagonal measurement.  The "Near" and "Far" parameters are multipliers of one of those references.  Different content (and a particular user) drives different references and multipliers.

For example:

IMAG:  8 x Width

Detailed images (like spreadsheets and/or graphs:  5 x Width.

Viewers within the given generated arc would (in-theory) be able to see clearly the given content type.  So...if the arcs from a given screen don't cover an audience well for a given content type, I either need bigger screens or more of them.

Different designers have different multipliers they like for given content types.

Make sense?

BTW...anyone reading this ever see a document that was floating around a few years ago that cited different ideal multipliers for different content?  If so...and, if you have access to that document or know where one can find it, would you mind sharing?  I saw it but have not been able to "re-find" it.  I know what I like but would love to be able to point our users to standards that may exist.

Thank you Andrew for the explanation.

This makes a more sense now.  I hope that document you are searching for can be found. I would like to see that are common practices among other users.