Site Model contour overlaps

VectorWorks 2013 on Windows 11

Retired, but never did much 3D before. Tried one site model years ago, with little success. Now, have a side-gig project, specifically to create a site model for another Architect to put a house on. So, I'm a novice, learning how to produce a site model from scratch. The survey did not include encoded elevation data, so I added contour elevations manually. I'm using the outdated Create Site Model in the 2013 version.

After cleaning up several glitches -- such as crossovers in the original -- I'm still getting overlaps, that make the 3D model look wonky. Image "Site overlaps 3" shows duplicate contours within contours. Those extra 3D contours are not visible in the 2D site. So I don't know where they are coming from. Image "Site Model contour overlaps" has the glitchy areas circled.

The Create Site Model tool seems to be adding some unnecessary contours. The question is "why", and "what can I do to remove them?"

Site overlaps 3 -- 511-518 -- 7-22.png

Site Model contour overlaps -- circled.png