Device Name / Tag Bug?

I'm having an issue with how VW is populating the Device Name & Tag field.  I have created some QSC devices, a speaker and a couple of amplifiers.  When I created the devices I entered in a tag for each that corresponds to the guidelines that our company uses.  Each speaker gets a tag of "SPK-" and the amplifiers get "AMP-".  The devices are intentionally made with the dash so that the person making the drawing can enumerate each device as it is dropped into a drawing (SPK-01, SPK-02, AMP-01, AMP-02, etc...)

Items in the Resource Manager:

RMAMP.thumb.jpg.8c32ea01b2875f399ac1c7ad90ad436a.jpg

RMSPK.thumb.jpg.0140874771a0cd3ad1b9d1bd01610c2a.jpg

When I select the speaker and drop it in the drawing, the tag is populated properly (SPK-), however if I drop an amplifier into the drawing after (that was created with "AMP-" in the tag field), the tag is instead populated with "SPK-1".

SPKTAG.jpg.137d9e5a90eafd1ca79d805a2534db55.jpg

If I delete the devices and start with the amplifier, the same issue occurs except using the "AMP-" tag.  

AMPTAG.jpg.3d224be2d750c190cb627740a5c9436d.jpg

Can anyone explain what is happening here?  

AMP TAG.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @ChollyO,

This is intentional. The idea here is that if you have a device selected when you are creating new devices, then we get the name prefix from the selected device and apply it to the newly created devices. That way you can easily and quickly create a series of devices without duplicate names. If you do not want this behavior you can deselect all before inserting new devices.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov