Speed issues & refresh rates

Is there any way to quicken the process of scrolling in spotlight? I've got a 300 unit plot on my mac (with a 500 megahertz G3 & 576 MB of ram) and it makes my computer run very slow. It has crashed on me a couple of times and is almost impossible to view with the light info turned on. I need to see the light info so I can check it before I plot it. I am also having a huge problem trying to take the plot off of my computer and put it onto a PC. We both have all of the same fonts (including Archie that we downloaded from your website) but it takes alll of the text inj the plot not attached to a unit (like the title block info and notes) and it shifts all of it in what appears to be larger spacing. It also keeps changing the font sizes so everytime that we take the plot from my Mac to the PC we have to re-edit all of the text. Do you have any solutions to these problems? I really like Spotlight in theory but in practice it runs so slow that it is almost unusable. I'm also having a problem with the lable ledgend manager displacing some of my unit info strangely. I have a few units that are at 45? angles on the plot and the lables keep shifting weird. I've tried using modified lable ledgends for them but it looks like it is failing to recognize the fact that the units have been rotated. Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by domakid:

Is there any way to quicken the process of scrolling in spotlight?

There have been a number of posts on this topic on the bulletin board. You can check for some suggestions there. If you are brave you can also check out the public beta of SpotLight 9.5 which is available for download. We've done some work to improve the regeneration and redraw speed of lighting instruments in SpotLight.

quote:

I am also having a huge problem trying to take the plot off of my computer and put it onto a PC. We both have all of the same fonts (including Archie that we downloaded from your website) but it takes alll of the

I took a look at this and the only font I was seeing a problem with was the Archie font. I have a feeling the problem is with this font. You might try Architect or Technical which are very similar fonts and you can find truly identical versions cross platform.

quote:

[b}

I'm also having a problem with the lable ledgend manager displacing some of my unit info strangely. I have a few units that are at 45? angles on the plot and the lables keep shifting weird.
[/b]

Can you please send me a file with your label legend and three instruments inserted.

Insert the first instrument pointing straight up with your label legend.

Insert the second instrument at the 45deg angle. (This will be the "shifting wierd"

example)

Insert a third instrument at the 45deg angle and manually move each label to where you would expect it to end up. Label this third instrument.

E-mail me this file (kmoore@nemetschek.net) I'll take a look at it and see if I can give you any suggestions on how to set up your legend to make what you want to have happen, actually happen.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------