is the Data Manager able to cause performance and stability problems in Vectorworks?

For reallly big curiosity,

we really love working with the Data Manager in VW. We really do code mappings inside the DM, which are a little bit more complicated.

We still don't see wether the Datamanager could cause problems inisde Vectoworks.

So my question:

Is the Data Manager able to cause performance and stability problems in Vectorworks? And, in which "intensity"?

What is your experience? Which technical background info can you tell me/us to that question?

thank you!

best regards.

• Like 2

Hey hope you are doing great. Yes, the Data Manager in Vectorworks can potentially cause performance and stability problems, especially if handling complex data or executing inefficient code mappings. The impact intensity can vary based on factors such as data volume, code mapping efficiency, and system specifications.

@EdwardMatthew thank you for your honest statement 😉 I'm not sure what to think, specially because we actually do use a quite complex data manager setting and  basically it does work quite well. However sometimes we still have stability issues, but sometimes we also don't.

I'm curious in which way the Data Manager has an impact on VW stability and performance and how I can optimize the datamanager code.

• Like 1