Uniclass 2015 Classification Tables - Out of Date

shorter

Question

Dear Vectorworks

Would it be possible to issue up-to-date Uniclass 2015 classification tables with every service pack in future?

Table Pr for example was updated in April 2023, and is now on revision 1-30.  The version that ships with VW is v1-19.

For those interested, the csv that works with the lookup classification tables in the materials properties dialog can be found here

https://www.dropbox.com/t/195w5kmiIoYa4A2Q

I have saved it as a Dropbox link because I cannot upload csv files to the forum.

Save it in the Libraries/Defaults/Classifications folder in the application folder or workgroup folder.

Note to Vectorworks... These tables now include a 'Sub-Object' column and this throws Vectorworks off the scent, and the descriptions that we rely on to find the correct code are missing.  The csv above has the sub-object column deleted.

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I am sure materials is not the only place where a lookup of the correct classification would be useful.

When creating content, it would be great, for example, to have a lookup in the Wall Data Cost Index fields, or the Classification field in the IFC property set, or when mapping classes, or in the Data Manager....